(410 ILCS 705/) Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
Section 15-85. Dispensing Cannabis.
a) Before a dispensing organization agent dispenses cannabis to a purchaser, the agent shall:
1) Verify the age of the purchaser by checking a government-issued identification card by use of an electronic reader or electronic scanning device to scan a purchaser’s government-issued identification, if applicable, to determine the purchaser’s age and the validity of the identification;
2) Verify the validity of the government-issued identification card;
3) Offer any appropriate purchaser education or support materials;
4) Enter the following information into the State’s cannabis electronic verification system:
i. The dispensing organization agent’s identification number;
ii. The dispensing organization’s identification number;
iii. The amount, type (including strain, if applicable) of cannabis or cannabis-infused product dispensed; and
iv. The date and time the cannabis was dispensed.
b) A dispensing organization shall refuse to sell cannabis or cannabis-infused products to any person unless the person produces a valid identification showing that the person is 21 years of age or older. A medical cannabis dispensing organization may sell cannabis or cannabis-infused products to a person who is under 21 years of age if the sale complies with the provisions of the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act and rules.
c) For the purposes of this Section, valid identification must:
1. Be valid and unexpired; and
2. Contain a photograph and the date of birth of the person.
Section 10-5. Personal Use of cannabis; Restrictions on Cultivation; Penalties.
b) (3) Adult registered qualifying patients may purchase cannabis seeds from a dispensary for the purpose of home cultivation. Seeds may not be given or sold to any other person.