(410 ILCS 705/) Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.
Section 15-5. Authority.
a) In this Article, “Department” means the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
b) It is the duty of the Department to administer and enforce the provisions of this Act relating to the licensure and oversight of dispensing organizations and dispensing organization agents unless otherwise provided in this Act.
c) No person shall operate a dispensing organization for the purpose of serving purchasers of cannabis or cannabis products without a license issued under this Article by the Department. No person shall be an officer, director, manager, or employee of a dispensing organization without having been issued a dispensing organization agent card by the Department.
d) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Department may exercise the following powers and duties:
1. Prescribe forms to be issued for the administration and enforcement of this Article.
2. Examine, inspect, and investigate the premises, operations, and records of dispensing organization applicants and licensees.
3. Conduct investigations of possible violations of this Act pertaining to dispensing organizations and dispensing organization agents.
4. Conduct hearings on proceedings to refuse to issue or renew licenses or to revoke, suspend, place on probation, reprimand, or otherwise discipline a license under this Article or take other non-disciplinary action.
5. Adopt rules required for the administration of this Article.